Health and Hygiene
Pepperberry’s Chef is responsible for all food preparation and understands the principles of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP). The Chef is the only person invloved the purchase, storage, preparation and serving of food to prevent growth of bacteria and food contamination.
- Our Chef carries out daily opening and closing checks on the kitchen to ensure standards are met consistently.
- We use reliable suppliers for the food we purchase.
- Food is stored at correct temperatures and is checked to ensure it is in-date and not subject to contamination by pests, rodents or mould.
- Food preparation areas are cleaned before use as well as after use.
- There are separate facilities for hand-washing and for washing up.
- All surfaces are clean and non-porous.
- All utensils, crockery etc are clean and stored appropriately.
- Waste food is disposed of daily.
- Cleaning materials and other dangerous materials are stored out of children’s reach
- Children do not have unsupervised access to the kitchen.
When children take part in cooking activities, they:
- are supervised at all times;
- understand the importance of hand washing and simple hygiene rules
- are kept away from hot surfaces and hot water; and do not have unsupervised access to electrical equipment such as blenders etc.