Safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare
Safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare is a large part of our statutory responsibilities and covers most of the requirements of our registration with Ofsted.
The framework of the ‘Every Child Matters’ government green paper is structured around five outcomes which are key to a child’s well-being. These are part of the statutory regulations.
The five outcomes are:
- Stay safe – Looking after the children’s welfare and ensuring a safe environment
- Be healthy – Through our menus and activities, we are safeguarding and promoting the children’s health and well-being
- Enjoy and achieve – Supporting the children in their learning and development
- Make a positive contribution – Working together with parents and encouraging children to play a beneficial part in their nursery and wider community
- Organisation – Ensuring all government policies, procedures and practices are strictly followed.